| FOOD PANTRY
Every third Tuesday of the month, we assist the West Elizabeth Food Pantry at Olivet Presbyterian Church in the distribution of donated items to over 100 families in need.
What You Need To Know:
Servicing Areas: West Elizabeth, Jefferson Hill, Floreffe and Elrama
Distribution Hours: 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. | Every 3rd Tuesday/mo
Location: Olivet Presbyterian Church | 726 Fourth St. West Elizabeth PA 15088
Pantry Website: http://PittsburghFoodBank.org/Olivet-Presbyterian-Church
Do you want to Volunteer? Do you need Food Assistance? We would love to hear from you. Please contact us using the form below.
Food Insecurity and Very Low Food Security
According to FeedingAmerica.org
- In 2013, 49.1 million Americans lived in food insecure households, including 33.3 million adults and 15.8 million children.
- In 2013, 14 percent of households (17.5 million households) were food insecure.
- In 2013, households with children reported food insecurity at a significantly higher rate than those without children, 20 percent compared to 12 percent.
- In 2013, households that had higher rates of food insecurity than the national average included households with children (20%), especially households with children headed by single women (34%) or single men (23%), Black non-Hispanic households (26%) and Hispanic households (24%).
- In 2011, 4.8 million seniors (over age 60), or 8 percent of all seniors were food insecure.
- Food insecurity exists in every county in America, ranging from a low of 4 percent in Slope County, ND to a high of 33 percent in Humphreys County, MS.